Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Italian-Inspired Rotelle with Sausage, Spinach, and Sundried Tomatoes

One evening I got home and needed to eat quickly before going to a concert.  I threw this pasta dish together.  It was balanced, filling, and fast, and the flavors went together excellently.

It was also, however, a huge gluten bomb in the stomach.  I've already written about how these Field Roast sausages are delicious, minimally processed, and yet strangely difficult to digest.  Since I bought them, I intend on using them!  Perhaps in smaller amounts.

Italian-Inspired Rotelle with Sausage, Spinach, and Sundried Tomatoes

Ingredients
2 servings of pasta, cooked as directed (I used whole wheat rotelle)
*
oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 sausage (I used Field Roast Italian), sliced
lots of spinach
*
juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 sundried tomatoes (from a jar), chopped
oil from tomatoes
red pepper flakes
salt, if needed

Instructions
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil, then saute garlic a few minutes.  Add sausage and cook until browned, then add spinach and cook briefly.
3. Toss pasta with saute mixture and remaining ingredients.  Add lemon and salt to taste.  Serves 2.

No comments: