Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cocktail Magic


I spent years in awe of my little brother's liquor-infusing abilities before I realized how easy it was.  This sage-infused whiskey is one of the most delicious things I've drunk, and all it is is fresh sage and whiskey.  Step one: put sage in bottle (see above).  Step two: add whiskey (see below).  Step three: wait at least a day, and then use it.


Here's what I've been doing with it.  I don't like sweet drinks, but this is just enough sugar to make it really smooth.  Any good names for this cocktail?

2 ice cubes
one lemon wedge, squeezed
up to 0.5 oz simple syrup (I used equal parts water and turbinado sugar to make this)
1-1.5 oz sage-infused whiskey
soda water to fill

2 comments:

-jc. said...

This is interesting... I want to try it.

Question: do you refrigerate while you wait for the infusion to take effect or room temperature?


Thanks.

Julia said...

Hi! Room temperature should be fine; I think the alcohol will keep anything weird from happening, and it might infuse more slowly in the fridge?