Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Moussaka

Robin Robertson's vegan planet has remained my favorite all-around cookbook, an opinion which her recipe for moussaka only confirmed. I hadn't realized that some moussakas were warm and some were cold; that some had meat in them and some didn't. This version is warm, and it uses chopped tempeh instead of lamb. The bechamel sauce poured over the top before baking is a simple mixture of vegetable stock, soy milk, silken tofu, and lemon juice, but it turns out so amazing! Zippy and I ate the whole thing within 24 hours. Serves 8, my foot!



Moussaka from vegan planet

*

And here is a soup I whipped together for lunch one day. Onion, garlic, carrot, celery, tofu, kimchi, miso broth, rice noodles, sriracha, mint, basil, scallions. It's not Korean, Japanese, or Vietnamese, but it is fast and delicious.


No comments: