Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cauliflower Meatballs

These meatballs are a great idea. I can see how you could tweak them to get all kinds of different flavors, provided the amount of bulk, liquid, and salt stay constant.

I didn't have quite enough walnuts to follow the original recipe, so I compensated by adding the equivalent in cauliflower. I also halved the salt, just because it seemed like a lot, and I still thought they were too salty--especially with the mushroom gravy I put on them. But they baked out perfectly (and I wish I had a photo of the pretty finished project). These would be great on spaghetti or in place of falafel, or you could make a larger version as a veggie burger. Thanks to the bread crumbs, they held together quite well.



Cauliflower Meatballs
(via Sketch-Free Eating)

Ingredients
1/2 head of cauliflower, raw
1/2 c cooked lentils
1 c walnuts
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
thyme and oregano (I used dried)
3/4 c bread crumbs
1 tbsp water (if needed)

Instructions
Buzz it all up in a food processor. Form into balls. Bake for 40 minutes on 350F flipping halfway through. Made about 16 balls.

No comments: